Best Buy Bibliotherapy: The Girl's Guide to Books for Every Phase of Our Lives

Bibliotherapy: The Girl's Guide to Books for Every Phase of Our Lives




Show Price



Well, after doing a bunch of research and reading the testimonials here and somewhere else, I chose to purchase Bibliotherapy: The Girl's Guide to Books for Every Phase of Our Lives. Though I 'd have preferred a better warranty, I decided the attributes were appealing enough to try it. It is a lot of cash to get rid of if it fails simply after the warranty. I am totally in love with this item. It is high quality product, wise functions. I just got it today, and I will update my review later if needed.




Bibliotherapy: The Girl's Guide to Books for Every Phase of Our Lives Description


Because women read books differently than guys do...

Every woman knows ... books are more than a way to kill time on the bus — they're therapy that fits in our bag. Whether we're wallowing in a sullen perennial adolescence or our biological clock is ringing and we can't find the snooze button, books are the dog-eared friends that help us deal with our baggage as we navigate life's journey.

Now Bibliotherapy prescribes the best of classic and contemporary Chick Lit that women turn to again and again — for inspiration (A Tree Grows in Brooklyn) ... for escape (Ladder of Years) ... for revenge against the patriarchy (Our Blood) ... and for bonding with our girlfriends (Waiting to Exhale).

Upper-thigh spread sparking a midlife crisis? Read A Lady's Life in the Rocky Mountains and remember that it's not over until the fat lady yodels. Did your pot of gold turn out to be fourteen-karat tin? Open your eyes with Awakening to the Sacred and learn to savor your rainbow. Wondering what all the fuss is about? Climb into bed with Lady Chatterley's Lover and explore your pleasure potential.

With provocative points to ponder as you read ("What is the metaphorical significance of a codpiece?"), fun quotes, and a list of books that must not be read but, in Dorothy Parker's words, "thrown with great force," Bibliotherapy ensures you'll always find the right literary prescription — no matter what phase of life you're teetering on the brink of!

Plus: Doomed but Inspired Heroes ... Books to Read When You're Sick of Your Career and Are Seriously Considering Taking Up Alpaca Ranching in Peru ... Bad Girls We'd Like to Have Over for Girls' Night ... Books That Are the Equivalent of Citronella for Men ... and much more!



Bibliotherapy: The Girl's Guide to Books for Every Phase of Our Lives Features




If you are seeking a Bibliotherapy: The Girl's Guide to Books for Every Phase of Our Lives, so i highly advised this hot product to you. I bought this hot product at a price that offers in USA.


Bibliotherapy: The Girl's Guide to Books for Every Phase of Our Lives even better than expected - highly recommend!!!




Most Underlined Buyer Review : Terrific Book About Books
I got this book today, on a whim, while I was bored at the airport. I proceeded to rip through it in a few hours, fascinated by the opinions of the authors. I can honestly say that this book will probably increase the number of books on my wishlist by at least twenty or so. This is one of the best books a literate female can read, just because it will suggest some of the best literature.

I quickly ripped through the different lists of books (divided by themes such as bad girl books and books about sex) and discovered that the few I've read, I agree are pretty fantastic. In fact, now I want to go back and reread a few of them. Quite a few of the books listed I already have on my wishlist because I keep hearing about how terrific they are. Some I've never heard about and those will be the recommendations I treasure the most, I think.

Another great little feature were the few books the authors mentioned to avoid. I hate reading a book only to find its message is sexist or...


Look at Various other Buyer Testimonial
The Must Have For Any Book Collection!
Nancy Peske and Beverly West have created the must have reference book for any collection. Bibliotherapy is both witty and intelligent. This book will put the fun back into reading! Combined with a synopsis of selected novels, Peske and West describe their reactions to the book and why it would be a good read.

Peske and West believe that reading is more than 'killing time on the bus.' They view reading as a means of informing and healing. This is an awesome book for both, the women who are just starting their reading journeys, and for the seasoned reader.

Bibliotherapy, has provided much enjoyment and information about books that must be read! Through their suggestions the reader will be able to take their reading to a higher level.


Fabulous! Every Book Lover's Best Friend!!!!!!!
I read voraciously. Classics, new fiction, mysteries, biographies. I love good books. So I'm always looking for new sources of recommendation. I bought this book along with a bunch of classics (Tess of the d'Urbervilles, To the Lighthouse, Complete Jane Austen, and Little Women) with an Amazon gift certificate I received for my birthday. This book is my new best friend. It's a book lover's dream come true. The authors write like girlfriends discussing their favorite books. The books are grouped by theme and each recommendation is followed by a brief synopsis. Book lovers and book groups will find this reference book invaluable and full of inspiration for the next great read. Absolutely one of the best books I've ever bought!









0 comments:

Post a Comment