Best Seller The Emotional Eater's Repair Manual: A Practical Mind-Body-Spirit Guide for Putting an End to Overeating and Dieting

The Emotional Eater's Repair Manual: A Practical Mind-Body-Spirit Guide for Putting an End to Overeating and Dieting




Show Price



I will provide fascinating info for you, you can obtain a The Emotional Eater's Repair Manual: A Practical Mind-Body-Spirit Guide for Putting an End to Overeating and Dieting at a extremely economical cost especially for This day. However before you proceed reading, please see testimonials about The Emotional Eater's Repair Manual: A Practical Mind-Body-Spirit Guide for Putting an End to Overeating and Dieting listed below




The Emotional Eater's Repair Manual: A Practical Mind-Body-Spirit Guide for Putting an End to Overeating and Dieting Explanation


Despite our best intentions, many of us find ourselves routinely overeating at meals, snacking mindlessly, or bingeing regularly. As emotional eaters, we turn to food for comfort, soothing, distraction, and excitement. There’s a disconnection fueling our eating, robbing years from our lives, and we know it. We’re tired of restrictive diets that lead back to overeating, and we’re ready to try something different.

Therapist and life coach Julie Simon offers a new approach that addresses the true causes of overeating and weight gain: emotional and spiritual hunger and body imbalance. The Emotional Eater’s Repair Manual presents five self-care skills, five body-balancing principles, and five soul-care practices that can end overeating and dieting forever. You’ll learn to nurture yourself without turning to food, to correct body and brain imbalances that trigger overeating, and to address your soul’s hunger. Weight loss, more energy, improved health, and self-esteem will naturally follow.



The Emotional Eater's Repair Manual: A Practical Mind-Body-Spirit Guide for Putting an End to Overeating and Dieting Features




If you are searching for a The Emotional Eater's Repair Manual: A Practical Mind-Body-Spirit Guide for Putting an End to Overeating and Dieting, so i highly recommended this item to you. I bought this product at a price that offers in U.S.A.


The Emotional Eater's Repair Manual: A Practical Mind-Body-Spirit Guide for Putting an End to Overeating and Dieting even better than expected - highly recommend!!!




Most Underlined Buyer Review : Superb for emotional eaters
Where do i begin? In my never ending search to overcome my binge eating and emotional eating habits and to reduce my weight i have read books accross the spectrum from diet books to books on intuitive eating and those treating overeating as addiction. In all that i have read i have never come across any advice that effectively helped me to deal with my emotions without turning to food or in fact how to deal with emotions at all. I tried white-knucling through my cravings, distracting myself, sitting with emotions and a whole range of other suggested ideas. Nothing worked! Nevertheless i was still hopeful and continued my search every few months on amazon to see if i could find anything that would help. When i found Julie Simon's book the title seemed promising. Then i had a look at the preview on amazon and honestly the few pages i read had me hooked. I saw one of the technique's that Julie suggests within the preview and while i waited for my book to arrive i put it into practice...


Other Buyer Pointing out
Very insightful, Great information!
The Emotional Eater's Repair Manual
By Julie M. Simon

First of all let me tell you that I didn't get this book because I am an emotional eater, I got this book because I love junk food and hate exercise and I need to figure out how to change my mindset. And that I did. I came to the understanding about setting realistic goals, and delaying gratification, and I learned a TON of great food tips and even some exercise information.

One of my favorite things about this book is that it is not just another diet book; it doesn't contain a bunch of crazy workout routines or require serious calorie counts. It is a book that helps you on a personal level find the true reasons and causes of your imbalanced eating (in my case it's the fact that I hate exercising and love junk food even though I know it is horrible for me). Many times Julie reminds us that our bodies have a natural weight and whatever that weight is for us personally is what we should maintain. This book...


Okay, but makes a lot of assumptions
This book had some decent tips, and I liked the approach that actually focuses on your emotions and how you're feeling versus what you're supposed to be eating. However, there was a lot that turned me off with this book. It claims that everyone's emotional eating stems from a hollowness that was caused by bad parenting. If your caregiver was harsh or judgmental, then you end up without the coping skills you need.

Well, what about those of us who had good parents and yet still end up with bad, emotional eating habits? I just felt that was a very heavy-handed theory, and it certainly doesn't apply to everyone. Definitely brought down the usefulness of the book to me because the author keeps bringing it up over and over again, to the point where I was rolling my eyes. I'm not interested in placing blame, yet that's what this book was trying to do (despite the author saying that it wasn't). I'm certainly not saying that many people don't develop poor coping skills because of...









0 comments:

Post a Comment