Discount My Anxious Mind: A Teen's Guide to Managing Anxiety and Panic

My Anxious Mind: A Teen's Guide to Managing Anxiety and Panic




Show Price



I did have some issues after checking out some of the previous testimonials prior to purchasing the unit. After utilizing the unit now for some time I can state I have actually had absolutely no issues and the unit has performed exquisite. We just purchased this My Anxious Mind: A Teen's Guide to Managing Anxiety and Panic, making use of the price cut and the cost-free shipping. Made it the best cost on the net when we purchased it first of this month.




My Anxious Mind: A Teen's Guide to Managing Anxiety and Panic Description


Anxiety can make everything seem unmanageable-from dealing with family and friends to managing schoolwork and extracurricular activities. It's been estimated that between 9 and 15 million teens in the United States suffer from phobias, panic attacks, or extreme worry or anxiety. That's a lot of teens!My Anxious Mindhelps teens take control of their anxious feelings by providing cognitive-behavioral strategies to tackle anxiety head-on and to feel more confident and empowered in the process.My Anxious Mindalso offers ways for teens with anxiety to improve their inter-personal skills, whether it be with friends, family, or teachers; manage stress; handle panic attacks; use diet and exercise appropriately; and decide whether medication is right for them.



My Anxious Mind: A Teen's Guide to Managing Anxiety and Panic Features




If you are searching for a My Anxious Mind: A Teen's Guide to Managing Anxiety and Panic, so i highly recommended this item to you. I bought this hot item at a price that offers in U.S.A.


My Anxious Mind: A Teen's Guide to Managing Anxiety and Panic even better than expected - highly recommend!!!




Most Underlined Buyer Review : At last! A real book for real teens.
Psychologists Michael and Katherine have written a truly useful, graceful and appropriate book for all sorts of teenagers. Using the tools of cognitive-behavior therapy (CBT) without any jargon, they lead teenagers through ten short chapters and many clear exercises to counter fearful anxieties and doubts. Self-help that really works and that is entirely respectful of the experience of teenage boys and girls is combined with explanations of the troubles, physical and mental means of dealing with them, and the help that healthful habits, smart uses of medication and adult support can bring. I've been a therapist for 40 years and almost never recommend books to clients, but I will absolutely be urging this book on anyone suffering from anxiety or whose kids wrestle with these difficult problems.


Other Purchaser Pointing out
A Unique Resource for All
I just finished reading this book and came away from it eager to write my very first Amazon book review! For a long time, I've been in search of a book that would help me better guide students who are struggling with anxiety and panic. What I didn't expect to find was a book that served that purpose and was at the same time a resource that I could so easily recommend to parents, fellow professionals, and students alike. What makes this such a good resource? First, it puts the young person in charge right from the start-by giving solid information to help them better understand what is going on and by providing them with tried and true techniques for managing their worries on their own. At the same time, there are guidelines all through the book on when and how to get additional help from parents and health-care professionals. The central imagine of a "worry wheel" certainly captures the experiences I hear reported by students in my own practice! The vignettes by teens throughout the...


I Love This Book
I love this book! I am a cognitive-behavioral psychotherapist in private practice specializing in anxiety disorders in children, teens and adults. This book is thorough and at the same time simple, making it appealing to teens. It is a great resource for professionals working with teens as well. The thing I like best is the rich use of metaphors. They explain concepts in a way that is easy to understand as well as to remember. For example when outlining common distortions, they talk about "binocular vision" to explain blowing negative things out of proportion and minimizing accomplishments, depending on which end of the binoculars you are looking through. When writing about panic attacks they help the reader understand that they need to change their relationship to anxiety, using the metaphor of riptides in the ocean. If you fight the riptide by desperately swimming to shore you won't do so well. Your chances are better if you float along until the current dies out, just like...









0 comments:

Post a Comment