Best Deal Life Inside the "Thin" Cage: A Personal Look into the Hidden World of the Chronic Dieter

Life Inside the "Thin" Cage: A Personal Look into the Hidden World of the Chronic Dieter




Show Price



I will offer interesting info for you, you can get a Life Inside the "Thin" Cage: A Personal Look into the Hidden World of the Chronic Dieter at a very cheap cost specifically for Now. However before you proceed reading, please see testimonials concerning Life Inside the "Thin" Cage: A Personal Look into the Hidden World of the Chronic Dieter listed here




Life Inside the "Thin" Cage: A Personal Look into the Hidden World of the Chronic Dieter Description


Frustrated by the often unrealistic standards of beauty presented by today’s media, many women have become trapped in a never-ending pattern of chronic dieting. Daily they endure destructive self-talk such as “I can’t eat that or I’ll get fat” or “If I could just lose a few more pounds everything would be better.”

Chronic dieters may be any shape or size but they have one thing in common: They are often left to suffer alone with an undiagnosed “sub-clinical” eating disorder. Such sub-clinical disorders include eating habits that are unusual, even unhealthy, but do not fit the technical classifications of anorexia or bulimia.

Addressing the many dimension of “chronic dieting,” Life Inside the “Thin” Cage offers a wake-up call and practical steps to those who need healing. Readers will find personal stories, insights into their secret patterns and habits, reassurance that they are not alone, checklists, self-tests, and, best of all, a new road to emotional, physical, mental and spiritual freedom.



Life Inside the "Thin" Cage: A Personal Look into the Hidden World of the Chronic Dieter Features




If you are trying to find a Life Inside the "Thin" Cage: A Personal Look into the Hidden World of the Chronic Dieter, so i highly advised this product to you. I bought this hot item at a price that offers in USA.


Life Inside the "Thin" Cage: A Personal Look into the Hidden World of the Chronic Dieter even better than expected - highly recommend!!!




Most Underlined Buyer Review : Words offer hope and healing
Although estimates vary across studies, eating disorders are disturbingly common. Even more common than Anorexia and Bulimia, however, are a spectrum of problems which fail to reach certain diagnostic thresholds called Eating Disorders Not Otherwise Specified (EDNOS). These disorders are rarely diagnosed and, consequently, are very infrequently treated. To the millions of people who suffer from so-called sub-clinical eating disorders, however, their impact is very significant.

In her work, Life Inside the "Thin" Cage, Constance Rhodes writes with transparency and disarming honesty about her own long struggle with EDNOS and bolsters her message with contemporary examples and insights derived from recent research. As a clinical psychologist, I find her tale to be familiar (and ultimately heartening) - the story of a driven, achievement-oriented, young woman on a quest for perfection who equates her value with the way she looks. Through a variety of events, she comes to...


Various other Buyer Stating
practical, yet personable.
for those of you wondering if we need another book which explores the world of dieting, weight-issues, and body image, let me offer this as a preface to my review: yes. and _life inside the thin cage_ is that book.

constance rhodes has put together a coherent, thoughtful pilgrimage into the inner sanctum of universal disordered thought and behavior. she brings to light questions that many of us are not brave enough to ask on our own; questions that reach past the removed, clinical approach to various eating disorders, and bring us into the deeper issues of authentic and holistic self-care.

_thin cage_ is a balance between rhodes' own history (she is never self-flattering, but very real about the messy road to healing), and well-researched exploration of the current cultural climate as it relates to sub-clinical eating disorders.
interspersed are fantastic, helpful quotes, ranging from shakepeare to "cindy, forty-seven-year-old wife and mother".

this book is...


DID I WRITE THIS??
I happened upon this book by 'chance' (in other words, the hand of God, in my opinion) and when I read the back, a tear trickled down my face.

Having been overweight much of my life and now being a chronic dieter, I could resonate with Constance's words - I think those thoughts she expressed. I don't fit the DSM-IV diagnoses for bulimia or anorexia. I'm 'different'. She is so right - there is a constant battle going on in my mind regarding weight, eating, and exercising. I am addicted to food AND exercising. It governs my every waking thought and even governs my day and how I spend my time. It's insane, I know. Finding balance is something I am working on. The sad thing? Losing weight DEFINITELY changed my life (I lost 70 lbs) and people DO treat you differently (I've never been treated better than I have in the the years since I lost weight). So, it's hard not to be addicted to dieting when the results are so positive. But are they healthy? That is something I am...









0 comments:

Post a Comment