Promo Offer Disease: The Extraordinary Stories Behind History's Deadliest Killers

Disease: The Extraordinary Stories Behind History's Deadliest Killers




Show Price



We simply bought this Disease: The Extraordinary Stories Behind History's Deadliest Killers, using the discount and the free of cost shipping after checking out a few of the prior reviews prior to purchasing the product. So far so great. I am entirely in love with this product from Quercus Books, Made it the finest cost on the net when we purchased it initially of this month.




Disease: The Extraordinary Stories Behind History's Deadliest Killers Explanation


Wear and bending to dust jacket. Pages are free of writing and markings.



Disease: The Extraordinary Stories Behind History's Deadliest Killers Features




If you are searching for a Disease: The Extraordinary Stories Behind History's Deadliest Killers, so i highly advised this product to you. I bought this product at a price that offers in USA.


Disease: The Extraordinary Stories Behind History's Deadliest Killers even better than expected - highly recommend!!!




Most Underlined Buyer Review : Great, easy to read and very detailed!
I am a Microbiology major at my University, and in my senior year learned about all 30 of the diseases covered in this book. When I picked it up, I expected many of the scientific details to be glossed over, but was amazed at how much detail was in each chapter, detail that I was tested over in my classes! This book was extremely straight forward, interesting and easy to read. I bought it as a gift for my father upon my graduation because he always seemed so fascinated by my coursework in Microbiology. I haven't yet given it to him, but I know he is going to love it! This book is so well done and so informative for anyone curious about the many amazing and horrific diseases that have affected humans and animals.


Look at Various other Buyer Review
Beautifully done!
I just recently bought this book. I've read many books on diseases and infections, and this was definitely not just another repeat. It has an informative and easy-to-read background on the discovery and documented history of the aforementioned. It is the first book like this that I have acquired that has beautiful glossy pages, artwork/photos, and easy-to-read print. I'd venture to say it's readable by 11 y/o plus. I paid an amazing $13; definitely going on my coffee table when I'm through reading it. ;)


wonderful book
If your children are ready to graduate from Horrible Histories and DK Eyewitness books, or if you are an adult wanting an enjoyable lay persons explanation of disease, this might be the place to start. My 12 year old daughter came home from school very inspired by her science class in which they were studying disease and I bought her this book. She has barely put it down and can't wait to take it to school when winter break is over to show her teacher.
There are four subsections: Bacterial Diseases (plague, leprosy, syphilis, typhus, cholera, typhoid, tuberculosis, puerperal fever, enephalitis), Parasitic Diseases(malaria, african trypnosomiasis, chagas' disease, lymphatic filariasis, schistosomiasis, hookworm, onchocerciasis), Viral Diseases (smallpox, measles, yellow fever, dengue fever, rabies, polio, influenza, ebola, AIDs, SARS), and Lifestyle Diseases(scurvy, kuru&CJD, cancer, heart disease).
Each disease is represented by approximately 2-4 two page spreads with...









0 comments:

Post a Comment