Eat Well, Feel Well: More Than 150 Delicious Specific Carbohydrate Diet(TM)-Compliant Recipes SALE

Eat Well, Feel Well: More Than 150 Delicious Specific Carbohydrate Diet(TM)-Compliant Recipes




Show Price



We just purchased this Eat Well, Feel Well: More Than 150 Delicious Specific Carbohydrate Diet(TM)-Compliant Recipes, utilizing the discount and the cost-free shipping. Made it the very best cost on the internet when we purchased it first of this month. after doing a lot of research and reading the reviews in other places. I got this item about 2 days ago and am very happy with the product, Up until now so excellent. I am absolutely in love with this Eat Well, Feel Well: More Than 150 Delicious Specific Carbohydrate Diet(TM)-Compliant Recipes, It is a high quality product and having clever functions.




Eat Well, Feel Well: More Than 150 Delicious Specific Carbohydrate Diet(TM)-Compliant Recipes Explanation


When her daughter was diagnosed with a dangerous digestive problem that left her weakened and sick, author Kendall Conrad started searching for a way to save her child’s failing health. The answer came when a nutritionist recommended the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD). Created by Elaine Gottschall, this revolutionary program is extraordinarily effective in relieving the debilitating and often painful symptoms of ulcerative colitis, celiac disease, diverticulitis, IBS, Crohn’s disease, and other common ailments. Simply by eliminating virtually all starch and complex sugars and eating a balance of smart carbohydrates, good proteins and fats, and essential vitamins and minerals, many people experience a complete restoration of digestive health. For Conrad’s daughter, the results were incredible. Thrilled with her daughter’s rapid recovery, she began creating recipes for delicious dishes for the whole family, following Gottschall’s guidelines, without sacrificing an ounce of taste or variety.

 

In Eat Well, Feel Well, Conrad shares more than 150 recipes for quick and easy dishes for casual meals and elegant dinner parties alike. The appetizers and starters range from updated classics like Curried Deviled Eggs with Mango-Currant Chutney to such enticing, exotic fare as Thai Beef Salad with Papaya and Toasted Coconut and Egyptian Red Lentil Soup. Main course ideas include everything from Whole Roasted Red Snapper Stuffed with Fennel and Citrus and Ground Beef Chili with Navy Beans to kid-pleasers such as a simple Cheese SoufflĂ© and Honey-Garlic Chicken Drummettes. Dozens of recipes for snacks, desserts, breakfast dishes, and beverages will help you integrate the SCD way of eating into your family’s lifestyle with ease, grace, and creativity.

 

If you or someone in your family suffers from a digestive disorder, these wonderful recipes based on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet will revolutionize the way you eat.

Kendall Conrad appeared with Elaine Gottschall, the author of the global bestseller Breaking the Vicious Cycle, to share the story of her daughter’s near-miraculous recovery from a dangerous digestive disorder using the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. She lives with her husband and their two daughters in Montecito, California.



Eat Well, Feel Well: More Than 150 Delicious Specific Carbohydrate Diet(TM)-Compliant Recipes Features




If you are seeking a Eat Well, Feel Well: More Than 150 Delicious Specific Carbohydrate Diet(TM)-Compliant Recipes, so i highly recommended this hot product to you. I bought this item at a price that offers in United States.


Eat Well, Feel Well: More Than 150 Delicious Specific Carbohydrate Diet(TM)-Compliant Recipes even better than expected - highly recommend!!!




Most Underlined Buyer Review : A welcome addition to the SCD cookbook library
While I'm happy to have another SCD cookbook to follow, I was unable to give this one 5 stars for two reasons. First, the SCD can be an expensive diet to follow, and some of the recipes in this book make it even more expensive. It includes ingredients that are not available or are costly in your average grocery store, such as truffle oil, macadamia nuts, and Hachiya persimmons. Several different varieties of fresh herbs are required for some recipes. I found that going to get the ingredients for just one recipe put a dent in my grocery budget. This all leads up to the second reason for the 4 stars - it is a bit gourmet/fancier than your average cookbook. So while I don't think this is the best book for the average American family, I do think it is worth having if you are on the SCD. It does contain many simpler recipes as well that I've made successfully and were delicious. I would probably be more comfortable serving recipes from this book on special occasions as compared to other...


Pay attention to The Reviews from Other Buyers
Worth it just for the Tortillas
I've only tried fifteen or so recipes in this book (and there are a lot)but what I've made has turned out so well, I'd definitely recommend this cookbook. I know where she's coming from as a mother who's had to keep her daughter inspired on the SCD. My younger daughter (who had Crohn's)liked fairly plain food but my elder daughter is very much a foodie and I feel I have to keep pulling gastronomic rabbits out of hats.This recipe book is top in terms of flavours and textures, which are fantastic. She also has a lot of condiments such as a wonderful mango chutney and a whole section on mock starches. She puts honey and vanilla with the SCD French cream for desserts. I know it's a simple idea but it didn't occur to me to do that until I got her book (Another SCD recipe book I have says, "Serve with a dollop of (SCD) French cream." No way -- it's much too sour on its own.)

The book is worth the price just for the tortillas. If, like me, you find the biggest challenge of SCD...


Not my favorite SCD
This was my 5th SCD cookbook purchase, one I was most excited about at the time, and now my least favorite. The first disappointment was the heavy reliance on garlic as a seasoning, which my body cannot tolerate, and frankly is boring. There's more to flavor than garlic. For example, the Hot and Sour Soup, which she claims her kids love, contains 2 Tbsp minced garlic plus 4 jalepeno chilis. Yowser! The second disappointment was thinking that I should keep it anyway just to learn some different techniques (like the cashew butter tortillas), but Oops - needs special equipment. A third is the large number of recipes relying on legumes, none of which my bowels can tolerate. A fourth is the intimidation factor of some of the recipes and I'm not a shy cook. I've had this book since not long after it came out and I use all my other SCD cookbooks instead. Sigh... I'm still holding out though. As I go through it, the recipes and pictures are still inspiring. There are better books...









0 comments:

Post a Comment